Hey, friends! Thanks for joining me for this special weekend post. I’ve been looking over my outfit posts recently and realize most of them are occasion / dressier looks. It’s funny because I am definitely more casual on a day-to-day basis and hardly ever show that side! I think because I have this blog and can highlight really fun pieces here (that are sometimes not so practical in WNY) I forget to also show you all my everyday style.
So today’s post is going to be my weekend uniform! I have to admit I’m a bit of a homebody. I like to rent movies from Redbox and binge watch Parks and Rec on Netflix. I love sleeping in and getting up just in time for brunch. I try to run errands on weekdays so I can lounge when Saturday and Sunday roll around, but when I do have to run around town (or I just desperately need take out) this is what I’ll throw on.
- First, comfy tees are a must for every day of the week, but are especially sweet on weekends. I like plain tees, striped tees, hi-lo tees, polka dotted tees, sleeveless tees, long sleeve tees… you get the idea. Basically anything that looks comfy and easy to layer I’m a fan of. I also almost always size up so that I get a looser fit!
- Second, layers. Most of the year I’ll throw on a lightweight cardigan, denim jacket or chambray button up over said tee and in this look I opted for a plaid button down.
- Third, leggings or really comfy denim. I have a passionate love affair with black leggings and I’ve worn a few of my pairs so much this season that there may or may not be holes in the crotch. Ok, there are. And, yes I know I need to throw them away. I promise in the pictures below I’m wearing non-holey leggings.
- Because of this hole-crotch-legging problem, I’ve been wearing jeans with my weekend attire. I’ve found some really soft, well-fitting, comfortable pairs from Old Navy. I’ve bought quite a few pairs from there recently and so I’ll do a separate post about my favorites next week.
- Lastly, comfortable shoes and fun accessories make the whole look. Again, because it’s winter I gravitate toward my Uggs and Sorels, but when there isn’t two feet of snow slip-ons and sneakers are my go-tos. As for accessories, I like wearing scarves and hats for added warmth, but also love showing off a really fun necklace!
Also, I just got these new glasses after going to the eye doctor last week and I am IN LOVE! I had wayfarer style glasses before, but these are so much lighter and absolutely my new favorite accessory. They’re a part of Gwen Stefani’s new eyewear line gx by Gwen Stefani.
Most of my outfit is linked at the bottom of the post! Hope you guys learned a little more about me and my causal weekend wear!
Tee: Short-Sleeve Linen-Blend Boyfriend Tee | Button-Up: found at Marshall’s, currently coveting this one | Leggings: HUE Ultra Leggings | Sneakers: Nike Free 4.0 Hybrid | Bag: sold out from Ralph Lauren, mini version available here | Ring: Crystal Mason Ring in Gold | Glasses: gx by Gwen Stefani GX005 in raspberry tortoise | Lip Stain: ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip Stain in Creeper