Happy 2016! You may notice that the blog looks a little different… I’ve been waiting for months to redo my little corner of the web and I finally had the time! My first resolution of 2016 can officially be checked off of my list.
Speaking of resolutions I have made a couple so far that I would like to share:
Redesign Emillion Thoughts.
- Be more present on my blog by writing and photographing things that I really love and am passionate about.
- Be more ambitious. I constantly find myself thinking of ways to be better and do better, but never get around to following through. It is uncharacteristic of me, but when I am the only one who is impacted by these ideas, I seem to not hold myself accountable. This year I am vowing to myself to get out of bed an hour earlier to simply reap in the benefits of the day, stay ridiculously organized (to the point of annoyance), be productive instead of thinking I’m bored and follow through with long-term projects even though the end seems so far away.
- Drink more water (seriously…it’s bad).
- Pick up a new hobby and become an expert at whatever it may be. I’m thinking photography, learning sign language or taking up calligraphy.
- TRAVEL – I have a few trip ideas on my plate currently and I’m hoping more than anything that they come to fruition. I have been lucky enough to vacation and travel abroad before, but I have never had more time and energy and excitement in my life that I do right now and want to take advantage of it! Hopefully, by the end of 2016 there’ll be a travel category in my nav bar with beautiful pictures and amazing experiences that I’ve shared with you all.
Throughout the year, I’ll be updating and adding to this list of resolutions. I believe you grow with every new experience and so I hope that this list will look much different in 346 days!
So, for the first post of 2016 I’m featuring this holiday/NYE look I shot before Christmas. I love this tie neck blouse as it can be dressed up or down. And who doesn’t love to feel festive and princess-y like this tulle skirt made me feel?
Blouse: Contrast Tie-Front Blouse | Tulle Skirt: (similar) | Glitter heels: (similar) | Ear Jackets: (similar) | Bracelet: Pandora with holiday charms | Ring: Crystal Mason Ring in Gold | Lipstick: Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Always Red | Nail Polish: Essie – Jump in my Jumpsuit